Israeli Occupation Forces Detain Several Palestinian Civilians, Shoot One, in the West Bank

Israeli occupation forces detained, on Wednesday, a number of Palestinian civilians and injured others in various parts of the West Bank, local sources reported.

At dawn on Wednesday, soldiers invaded the town of Ya’bad, west of Jenin, in the northern West Bank, and detained a Palestinian civilian, identified as Muhammad Fathi Amarneh.

In the eastern part of the West Bank, soldiers invaded and searched the homes of two young men in the Aqabat Jaber refugee camp, southwest of Jericho.

According to Eid Brahma, the director of the Jericho chapter of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Society, the army detained a former prisoner, identified as Muhammad Taysir Daras, 36, and Hamoud Hazem Dawas, 29.

In the central occupied West Bank, soldiers stormed and searched the homes of Abdullah Zaid Saleh, Muhammad Abd al-Salam Mahmoud al-Asaad, and Musab Abd al-Rahim Mahmoud al-Asaad, in Kifl Haris, northwest of Salfit, before detaining them.

A large military force stormed Silwad town, east of Ramallah, in the central West Bank, which triggered protests among Palestinian youths who confronted the invading army.

Soldiers responded by firing live ammunition, tear gas canisters, and concussion grenades, injuring one young man with a live round in the leg.

The wounded young man, identified as Abd al-Rahman Abdullah Hamid, 24, was detained by Israeli forces. No information regarding his condition was available at the time of this report.

The army invaded and searched a number of homes, before detaining Abdel Qader Hammad, 23, Ezz El-Din Mohamed Issa Sobh, and Mohamed Lotfi Nemer, and taking them to an undisclosed location.

Israeli media claimed that the detainees were involved in a “shooting attack against an army post,” and that Palestinian resistance fighters exchanged fire with the occupying force during the operation.

Arafat Najib – Wadi Hilweh Information Center/Facebook

In the occupied city of Jerusalem, soldiers detained a guard of the Al-Aqsa mosque, identified as Arafat Najib, while he was performing his duties at the Muslim holy site.

According to the Wadi Hilweh Information Center (Silwanic), the young man was later released.

In the southern part of the occupied West Bank, Israeli forces detained two brothers, identified as Abdel Rahim and Ibrahim Munther Abdel Baset Al-Tamimi from Hebron.

Meanwhile, west of Hebron, soldiers invaded and searched the home of Mujahid Muhammad Mutlaq Abu Juhaisha, in Idna town, before detaining him and taking him to an unknown location.

Sources: WAFA, WAFA, WAFA, WAFA, Quds Press, WAFA, WAFA,

Photo: Menahem Kahana/AFP

Published by I Can Handle the Truth

I am a journalist, editor, and activist for the human rights for Palestinians across the world. Long Live Palestine!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: